Tuesday, May 25, 2010

day 06: i can see the light

I finished the last stack of letters I had and began rummaging through the boxes again in search of more letters. Of course, I found a large pile in one of the boxes and I returned to processing them. I think I have finally finished processing all the personal correspondences of John Beverley Riggs. Well, at least all the letters that was dated. I haven't decided how to process the undated letters yet. I'm not sure if I should put them all in one folder or put each one in its own folder. Individual folders would keep it consistent with the rest of the subseries, so that's probably the best idea.

I also added and organized the folders I processed yesterday into numerous boxes. I will have to renumber a few folders, but it isn't as bad as I had initially feared. I'm really excited to have this part of the collection processed and ready for the next step, which I'm actually not entirely sure what that step is. I still have a few more days of putting finishing touches on these correspondences, but I feel very good about what I have accomplished thus far and look forward to learning the next steps in archiving the Riggs Family papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment