Friday, May 28, 2010

day 09: moving along

I finished processing Thomas Riggs Jr letters from during and after WWII. While transferring letters into folders I found a Christmas list from Thomas. It read:

"Dear Santa:
gem razor blades
a picture of a monkey
the ears of Adolf
collar-pin
Tommy"

Just more entertaining humor from Tommy. I was sad to finish his letters so quickly, but there weren't nearly as many correspondences as John Beverley had. Overall, I had completed two boxes of the ten. Within the remaining eight boxes were correspondences that I had included in these two parts, so I am slowly working down all the boxes in this collection.

The next and what I hope is the final group of correspondences that I will have to process was a group of letters and calling cards sent to Renee Riggs and her children Lisette and Thomas Jr from friends and family expressing their condolences in the passing of their husband and father, Thomas Christmas Riggs.

Fun fact: Thomas Riggs was Governor of Alaska from 1918-21.

I processed these letters pretty quickly and moved onto planning the next subseries for processing in this collection. Most of what's left in the eight boxes is mixed up, so it's going to take a bunch of organizing and sorting before I can place everything into boxes and folders. I decided this was a good stopping point before the long holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment