Wednesday, July 28, 2010

day 29: illustrated version

While I was carefully processing each glass plate negative I decided I would take a few pictures to share. I'm going to try to take better ones tomorrow to see if I can remove the glare and get a better view of the negative, but for now these are what I have!



This is the basic layout of the 4 flap envelope. There were 3 different sized glass plates, this was the 8x10. I used white gloves that make me feel like Michael Jackson when I handle the glass.






This is a portrait of Elisha Riggs, circa 1800s. You can't really see any details in this picture.




You can see a little bit more of his face from the reflection.








This is a portrait of Alice Lawrason Riggs.







Hopefully I can take some better pictures tomorrow, but these are some examples of what I got to process and admire today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment