Thursday, July 1, 2010

day 23: repetitive behavior

Entering information from the collection into AT is going faster than I expected. I finished inputting data for series 3 subseries 1 (which consists of 13 boxes) and finished 2 of 3 boxes for series 3 subseries 2. I think I will be finished with entering data within the next week or two.

Jen ordered supplies for the glass plate negatives Tuesday afternoon. Hopefully everything will arrive before I finish working in AT. I'd like to have all the boxes for series 1 be as sequential as possible. I know the numerical order doesn't matter as much but it would make arranging the data for the finding aid much easier.

I wasn't expecting to finish processing the Riggs Family collection so quickly! It's exciting as I get to see how 10 boxes of jumbled documents and artifacts become an organized collection of numerous boxes. I'm 80 hours into my internship which means I'm half way done with my time at the SCRC. I can't believe so much time has already passed! I look forward to completing this collection and seeing what else they have in store for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment