Thursday, June 10, 2010

day 15: take my picture, click click click!

The other female intern wasn't in at the same time as me today, so instead I found other work to do. I decided to start processing photographs. I grabbed my little box of single photo sleeves sizes 4x5 and 5x7 and went to work. It took me all afternoon to process two groups of photos.

They were pictures taken by John Beverley Riggs. The first set was from his tour in Okinawa, Japan during World War II in 1945. He labeled most of his pictures, which added so much to the collection. There were pictures of him with fellow soldiers and John Beverley included their names and hometowns on the back, as well as landmarks around Okinawa. The second set of pictures was from a trip to the Caribbean in 1948. He labeled all these pictures as well. They were very interesting and Jen suggested we might scan and upload a selection of pictures to the SCRC website once I finish the collection since the pictures are so informative and prevalent to our history.

No comments:

Post a Comment