Wednesday, June 9, 2010

day14: the end is near

Today I finished processing all the paper documents in the collection. I collected my box of random items and requested Jen's assistance. We decided the placement and storage needs of various documents such as pamphlets, news clippings, and diaries. The oldest diary I found was kept during 1878. A few of the bindings were deteriorating, which I left unprocessed because they require further attention and care. There are numerous diaries and accounting books that are very old and fragile that need to be housed in a phase box before being processed. Jen decided that she would arrange for another intern experienced with creating phase boxes for the initial Riggs Family papers donation instruct me. I organized the remaining items and boxes in preparation for completion.

No comments:

Post a Comment