Tuesday, June 29, 2010

day 21: new software

Today I finished processing everything in the Riggs collection except a smoking pipe and the glass plate negatives. Jen is going to order the supplies in July and I will be able to process them then. I ventured down to the 2nd floor archives to search for the remaining supplies I needed. I am very proud of all the work I have accomplished with this collection.

Since everything I have is now all boxed up; the next step is to enter the data into Archivists' Toolkit. I read through the SCRC Wiki which had a brief guide to using the software. Jen created my account for access and guided me through the process. I only created the subseries and details in preparation for the next step. I entered the date range for each, scope and notes, and arrangement method. I think that it looks good! Jen is going to review the few steps I took today and tomorrow she will show me how to add information specific to each subseries.

No comments:

Post a Comment